- The IRS has just launched an international coalition to investigate cryptocurrency tax crime. But Bitcoin is immune to regulation, so I’m sure it’ll all be fine, fine.
- The hard part of being a major crypto holder is just keeping your coins secure! So — keeping up the crypto world’s reinvention of all the old middlemen, but badly — Coinbase is offering holding-as-a-service for large customers — Coinbase Custody! And just to keep it as crypto as possible, they’ve chosen Electronic Transaction Clearing as their partner — who the SEC charged in March with “repeatedly putting customer assets at risk.” Here’s the 103-page PDF listing all of ETC’s infractions.
- Matt Levine: “Of course this is not because the people writing the securities laws in the 1930s somehow foresaw the blockchain. It’s because, at the low end of crypto innovation, the new tricks are exactly the same as the old tricks.” And at the middle end, and at the high end.
- Here’s a Github repository of ERC-20 token smart contract vulnerabilities.
- I am shocked, shocked to hear that a company that renamed itself “UBI Blockchain” got busted by the SEC working a convoluted share pumping scheme.
- Coiners are shocked, shocked to hear Bitcoin billionaire Li Xiaolai telling the simple and obvious truth in a leaked audio recording. “A person needs to become a celebrity before starting any blockchain based project. Blockchain project creators need people to believe in them, and most people are dumb and easy to manipulate. Fan-flow is the core competition. The rest of the factors are largely BS.”
- Diar posted about what trash the Lightning Network was proving to be in practice. Elizabeth Stark from Lightning Labs called the paper BS. Diar responds pointing out that she literally couldn’t have read the original post. Stark is asked for her countervailing numbers, but is curiously unwilling to substantiate her loud cries to the press of BS. I’m sure the Lightning Network works really well, or will at some unspecified point in the future, and Stark isn’t just flinging abuse to cover up a lack of countervailing checkable data.
the wallet-lightening network is the perfect bitcoin product
THE LIGHTNING NETWORK IS REAL AND EXISTS AND YOU CAN USE IT * HAHA TAKE THAT SKEPTICS
* do not actually use the LN or you will lose all your money, is fwuffy open source alpha pwoduct pweeze no steppy uwu
— Buttcoin (@ButtCoin) April 9, 2018
the lightning network is in a constant quantum superposition between having existed for ages every time someone criticises bitcoin's transaction rate, and not being released yet every time someone tries to use it
— Buttcoin (@ButtCoin) June 29, 2018
I’m not an expert but I think there may be some connection between your insistence that TrueDevs aren’t in it for the money and you only being able to find 10 people willing to work on LIGHTNING THE FUTURE OF MONEY. pic.twitter.com/suJOtlYTHK
— Buttcoin (@ButtCoin) January 7, 2018
- Kindle Canada had Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain cheap last month, and this month it’s even cheaper — CDN$1.99! Or, of course, there’s the lovely paperback.
— Ed Murphy (@BeerBunkerEd) July 6, 2018
Frankly, I’m all for the EOS project.
I’ve always wanted to know how long it would take for a bunch of clowns to kill each other when given an infinite amount of money with no mandate or accountability.
— Trolly McTrollface (@Tr0llyTr0llFace) June 30, 2018
Personally, whenever I raise 4 billion dollars to create a cryptocurrency, I try to have these sorts of profound realizations BEFORE it goes live. Each to their own though. pic.twitter.com/WKbyjdT7E3
— Daniel "not giving away EOS voting rights" Goldman (@DZack23) June 28, 2018
Two years ago, all the marketing stands outside Canary Wharf tube were for luxury London property
Now it's a crypto ICO giving out free tokens (and coffee)
Draw your own conclusions… pic.twitter.com/cdjw381pLw
— Alasdair Pal (@AlasdairPal) June 29, 2018
A flood hit a miningfarm in China 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/zgEXIMYMwn
— 🎀 (@cryptovenus) June 29, 2018
Dentacoin is so advanced it has redefined how math works as it rises 29.43% today to a new price of $0.00. pic.twitter.com/VNjUxyoSMB
— :: lawson baker :: (@lwsnbaker) July 3, 2018
— 📖Mr. ”Audit-Not-Audit” Giancarlo📖 (@CasPiancey) July 1, 2018
Your subscriptions keep this site going. Sign up today!