If you’d like a review copy of the book, please email me with your name and affiliation and I’ll send you one — please specify PDF or ePub.
Book reviews (press)
- CryptoTips, 28 November 2020: Has PayPal Launched a Version of Facebook’s Libra? by Jeroen Kok
Book reviews (blogs)
- David S. H. Rosenthal, 27 October 2020: Unbanking The Banked
- Andrew M. Bailey, 2 November 2020: Review of Libra Shrugged
- Roger Bell-West, 6 November 2020: Libra Shrugged, David Gerard
- Marco Fioretti, 1 April 2021: What’s good in Libra Shrugged? Arrogance, exposed.
- Bill Ryan, 17 May 2021: Battling Megaliths: Facebook and the American Government Battle Over Digital Currency and the Future of Money
- Bob Morris, 21 June 2021: Libra Shrugged: How Facebook Tried to Take Over the Money
- Olivier Jutel. Blockchain humanitarianism and crypto-colonialism. Patterns, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2022. ISSN 2666-3899. DOI:10.1016/j.patter.2021.100422.
- New Money Review, 5 November 2020: Why Libra was bound to fail by Paul Amery
Podcast and video interviews
- New Money Review podcast, 5 November 2020: Why Libra was bound to fail
- New Kids On The Blockchain, 14 November 2020: BTC heading to ATH? | YFDAI Featured DeFI Project | Libra Shrugged — interviewed by Ashley Pugh
- Decrypt Daily, 13 November 2020: David Gerard Talks New Book on Facebook’s Libra — interviewed by Matthew Aaron
- Finance Magnates, 17 November 2020: Whatever Happened to Facebook’s Libra? Down the Rabbit Hole with David Gerard — interviewed by Rachel McIntosh
- South Mimms U, 23 November 2020: Zuckerberg wants ALL your money! — interviewed by Jerome Vincent
- CoinGeek Conversations, 14 January 2021: David Gerard: The birth pangs of Facebook’s crypto project — interviewed by Charles Miller
- The Blockchain Debate Podcast, 26 January 2021: Motion: Diem is a glorified Paypal (David Gerard vs. Bryce Weiner) — panel discussion
- NTD Business, 17 May 2021: Expert on Facebook’s Latest Digital Currency Attempt
Press crypto commentary (including book mentions)
- International Bar Association, November 2020: New rules for digital currencies – but not yet a new era by Polly Botsford
- Crypto News, 8 December 2020: Facebook’s Libra Rebrand Hits Another Name-Change Snag as UK Diem Lawyers up by Tim Alper
- LSE Business Review, 15 December 2020: Central bank digital currency – nine key questions answered by Martin C. W. Walker
- The New Republic, 20 April 2021: Cryptocurrencies Are the Next Frontier for the Surveillance State by Jacob Silverman
Your subscriptions keep this site going. Sign up today!