- Hindustan Times: Why Bitcoin is the largest Ponzi scheme in human history. This is a really good explanation that you can give to normal people as to why to stay the hell away from this whole disastrous garbage fire.
- Australian Bitcoiners claim all four major banks are blocking them. Some of this has been going on for a while, particularly for certain serial entrepreneurs. The banks will free your precious coins of the taint of filthy fiat! It particularly seems to be a problem depositing via POLi, which the banks have long disliked. No reports yet of similar POLi problems in New Zealand.
- The Daily Mash: “Watching my brother-in-law’s desperate, darting eyes on Christmas Eve when I feign ignorance and ask how his ‘botcoins’ are doing is the present I want this year.” Posted four days before the crash.
- My piece Why You Can’t Put The Music Industry On A Blockchain, a reprint of chunks of chapter 12 of the book, is the seventh most-read piece on Hypebot for 2017. I must spend more time over at Rocknerd telling the music industry why they’re wrong …
- Inspired by the acres of mediocre cheap Bitcoin books I’ve been buying to probably not bother reviewing (at least they’ll be deductible): Quick notes on how to de-DRM Kindle books on Windows 10. For when the Kindle reader app is terminally annoying you. This sort of rubbish is why my book is DRM-free on Kindle.
- Ebooks on SmashWords, cheap or FREE, only 2 more days! All different, somewhat related:
- My book, Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain: $3.50, down from $7 — the only Bitcoin book for 2017.
- Elizabeth Sandifer, Neoreaction A Basilisk: $4, down from $5 — a dive into what, philosophically, is wrong with the Alt-Right. Apart from everything else wrong with them.
- Elizabeth Sandifer, Guided By The Beauty Of Their Weapons: FREE! — a dive into what, philosophically, is wrong with the Sad Puppies/Rabid Puppies who tried to vote-stack the Hugo Awards in 2015. This book suffered badly from Amazon’s unfriendly Artificial Intelligence, which refuses to list it even if you search on its name. Get it now, you have no excuse to miss it. Literally ancestral to my book — I based the print version’s layout on the template DOC for Guided.
Urgent: My account was hacked. Twitter has been notified. The coin of the day tweet was not me. As you all know… I am not doing a coin of the day anymore!!!!
— John McAfee (@officialmcafee) December 27, 2017
that mcafee guy should look into getting some better computer security software https://t.co/GHp8Dut1PM
— ButtcoinLeaks (@ButtCoin) December 28, 2017
Your subscriptions keep this site going. Sign up today!