- You haven’t been able to get actual money out of Bitfinex since mid-March, but now there are increasing user reports of problems withdrawing cryptos as well (archive).
- The SEC: Statement on Potentially Unlawful Promotion of ICOs and Other Investments by Celebrities and Others. As Matt Levine keeps pointing out, everything is securities law.
- ME: Why am I doing this book rubbish, I could just set up an ICO and
ME: But it could be
Apparently, the Financial Conduct Authority may not properly appreciate the concept of blockchain performance art. Obviously, my error as author of a book on blockchains was in failing to start a “crypto VC fund” for which I listed people as advisors while neglecting to tell them. Presumably Alex Tapscott’s finger slipped.
- Financial Times: ‘If you follow us you will make money’: how bitcoin is marketed to the masses. This sort of thing is part of why I wrote a book. Don’t forget, the paperback makes a perfect Christmas present for your retired parents!
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To Cryptocurrencies by Martin Walker. A cautionary tale regarding magical money trees.
- The Economist dares suggest that Bitcoin might be in a bubble, in case you hadn’t noticed.
- And, since I’ve got a transaction backlog, some favourite tweets of late.
In light of the recent death threats that I have received, I realize that Segwit2x is a bad idea and I publicly revoke my support for it.
— Vinny Lingham (@VinnyLingham) November 2, 2017
Overheard: Dude on train said he took acid to remember bitcoin passwords Worth £10m in today’s value. To no avail apparently ?
— Alex Dunsdon #Linkybrain (@alexdunsdon) November 2, 2017
I decided to dress up as Craig Wright for Halloween.
Though in the spirit of Craig Wright, I won't be providing verifiable proof.
— Peter Todd (@peterktodd) November 1, 2017
Peter provided me with a thumb drive containing an image of him dressed as CW, which I viewed on a fresh laptop. Take my word for it.
— moral_agent (@agent_scruples) November 1, 2017
This is the most incredible email attachment virus I have ever seen. pic.twitter.com/9Yj2a4Dq9t
— SwiftOnSecurity (@SwiftOnSecurity) November 2, 2017
Here we go. This must be what it feels like to join the Moonies. pic.twitter.com/2wtCzXaWnF
— © Dave Birch (2018) (@dgwbirch) November 1, 2017
From a Bitcoin conference today. The people who think they solved the entire world economy also set up this couch. pic.twitter.com/AoNrwox5kx
— Andrew S? (@bn2b) July 10, 2014
I remember when I accidentally gave the guy at McDonald’s $250k for my order.https://t.co/Tz6ZT8mjCm
— ButtcoinLeaks (@ButtCoin) October 20, 2017
Your subscriptions keep this site going. Sign up today!