- Bank Al-Maghrib, Morocco’s financial regulator, states that “transactions via virtual currencies constitute a breach of regulations, punishable by penalties and fines” and bans Bitcoin payments. This is actually good news, because …
- Cronycle: “Its fundamental genius: BailBloc runs on the principle that people (even its creators) don’t really understand how computers, or the internet, or cryptocurrencies really work.”
- Izabella Kaminska writes up an analyst note: it turns out that “blockchain” is more useful in business the less it’s actually a blockchain. The comments are a hoot too. FT Alphaville is free with login, and it’s worth it to argue with the ardent bitcoiners clearly in the wrong place.
- I thought “how about a horse poop ICO,” then realised there is no joke you can make about crypto that hasn’t multiple real world instances. Their horse manure business didn’t take off until they added PayPal, sadly.
- Blog review of the book, by David Rosenthal: Techno-hype part 2. “Enough about the hype around self-driving cars, now on to the hype around cryptocurrencies.”
how is this an entire genre pic.twitter.com/oIOdEqr5Vp
— K.T. NELSON, JD DDS (@KrangTNelson) November 23, 2017
"How To Explain To Your Relatives That You're Not A Loser For Using Bitcoin, Because You've Been Swearing You're Successful On Facebook and Your Cousin Kelly Has Always Been A Bitch To You And Now is The Time To Rub It in her Ivy League Face That You Were Right For Dropping Out."
— Christian E. Nuñez (@NunezChrise) November 23, 2017
Your subscriptions keep this site going. Sign up today!