- The SegWit2x fork has been called off — evidently they thought they couldn’t swing it. Of course, a possible troll has posted claiming it’s still on — “We are carrying out the fork regardless as everything is set in motion. Backing down the difficulty right now is a strategy. Wonder why 30% network hash-rate disappeared? It’s ours; the miners that will continue what is set in motion… A handful of humans cannot stop what they have no control over…” SegWit2x futures are still trading, with a price above $0 and a trading volume above $0.
- Website crypto miner operators are infecting insecure websites. Use an ad blocker, which will block crypto miners. (Firefox on Android can run uBlock Origin, by the way.)
- Actual institutional investors found in bitcoin! Specifically, hedge funds desperate for exploitable volatility.
- My Ujo Music take two post has been reprinted on Hypebot, as has my Björkcoin post. Go click, Hypebot is good. The Hypebot version of the Björk story was third hit on Google News UK (logged out) for “bjork” just now.
- JerkCity covered cryptocurrency in 2000. (Warning: salty language.)
- Some ad spam farm ran my latest Ethereum article through a translator both ways. The result is sorta interesting. At least all the links are still mine.
@CPUGenuis Iceland has their own digital currency now too. I think it's called Björkcoin or something.
— Bryan Fulton (@bryanfulton) March 26, 2014
Your subscriptions keep this site going. Sign up today!