- Remember how the Pirate Bay added a Monero miner to its search and category pages? uBlock Origin is already detecting and blocking miners in web pages. “So mostly this is a demonstration about how Ads do not work any more. At all. Ever again.”
- Per my article on Bitcoin versus Bitcoin Cash, it looks like a third fork of Bitcoin is considered likely, between the miners wanting the 2x part of SegWit2x (double the block size) and the Bitcoin core developers not wanting it. Remember: there will only ever be
21 million bitcoins,er 42 million bitcoins,er 63 million, I’ll just come in again shall I.
- Of course, a lot of the miners wanting 2x are in China. So how are things in China? China Bans Bitcoin Executives From Leaving the Country, Miners “Preparing for the Worst” (archive). LocalBitcoins activity has tripled. Exchange prices on cryptos have actually gone up.
- Headline: GOOGLE ACCEPTS BITCOIN!! First sentence: “It looks like Google has finally jumped on the Bitcoin bandwagon.” Story: Google Payments API lets you enter arbitrary currency codes, so you could type in the letters “BTC” if you liked. The reason I put a whole section (“But all these companies are using Blockchain now!”) in chapter 11 of the book on how to critically read Bitcoin media coverage is that it comes from outlets like this.
- Here’s an art project that uses wind power to mine Zcash to pay for climate research.
- Be your own bank! A dog ate a USB stick containing $89,000 in a Bitcoin cold wallet.
Your subscriptions keep this site going. Sign up today!