- Chris Pacia posts the Bitcoin Cash development roadmap. Jorge Stolfi points out the key problem: the notion that a roadmap is a good idea. “Except for the difficulty adjustment and maybe the (simplest) malleability fix, none of the proposed changes addresses a demonstrated need.”
- Bitpay claims not to run an exchange, and implies (but does not say directly) that it gets the dollars to pay merchants by selling the coins from the merchants’ customers on its network of exchange partners — but “FT Alphaville sources say the company operates a not-insignificant OTC trading operation, implying exchange risk and liquidity is managed in-house.” Izabella Kaminska pops into /r/buttcoin to detail just how naughty this may be.
- Kik’s Kin Foundation is disappointed to break the news to its fellow Canadians that they can’t participate in Kik’s ICO. Ciaran Murray notes: “One country gives indication you’re on shaky ground but you persevere selling into the other 129 anyway. What could go wrong?”
- Izabella Kaminska tweets the tale of Financial Times Alphaville and Mone and Barrowman.
- A news story this afternoon seemed to say that China would ban Bitcoin trading on exchanges. This turned out to be a dodgy rumour on QQ, with BTCC, OKCoin and Huobi saying they’d heard nothing of the sort, but it had the predictable effect on the price:
Your subscriptions keep this site going. Sign up today!